Thursday, August 11, 2011

Plastic Bags

I cannot describe to you all how much I HATE plastic bags- in any form. There are just SO many things that can go wrong.

They stick to you via static electricity.


Most people I know keep them and they sit in big lumps of plastic bag balls for years.


My family goes so far as to keep used ziploc bags and clean them out.

They actually do a lot of this. Wash and hang.
Now I know you're thinking, "But Karah, they're just trying to conserve." I'm not opposed to conservation in appropriate amounts. However, if you have so many plastic bags you could create a plastic bag chair like this guy...


You clearly need to be making some trips to the recycling center because you'll never reuse that many bags in your lifetime. Also, if one's reused Ziploc bags start to look like this...


You need to recycle and move on. Yes, I've seen plastic bags in my house that have holes. Not only that they may even be stained from storing red spaghetti sauce or something else colorfully potent like that. 

I'm just saying. Sometimes bag hoarding gets to the point where it's no longer conservatively feasible. It's fine to keep a couple dozen around for when you need them, but bringing home several dozen new bags every week from the grocery store is unnecessary. Consider reusable fabric bags.



At least THOSE kinds of bags won't STICK to you OR your groceries.




1 comment:

Laura said...

I think even Walmart has a spot where you can deposit your old plastic bags and they will recycle them for you! See, they even make it easy!