Thursday, October 13, 2011

Oh, hey! It's been a while!

I looked sadly at my blog and realized it's been a whole month since I've posted anything. I promised myself in the beginning that I would try to write AT LEAST three times a week.

Chyeah.

Vacations and trips and break-ups and TUMBLR happened.

First, there was Tampa with Laura and Craig and that was wonderful. Two weeks in Tampa! Who could ask for more? I ate and laid in the sun (when I wasn't breaking out in rashes from Lupus, that is.)

I came home to house full of cousins and had to endure not having my own room for a whole month! Imagine that. A whole entire month living in the same room with my mother. Needless to say, I was hating life. Don't get me wrong. I loved having my cousins there. I missed them dearly and we had some fun with girly chat when they weren't out doing other things. But I'm one of those who values their alone time. I'm very solitary. I like my own space.

There were a few trips here and there to Raleigh to stay with Bigs. Were are no longer together. At first it was my doing. He was NOT a fan. I felt like I needed to be alone. And I did! I legitimately needed space. I really tried to make things work with him, but in the end it was a mutual decision. We both agreed that I needed time. So, that has me down lately. The whole thing just sucks because at the end of the day, Bigs and I are really close. We always will be. We were great friends long before we were ever lovers. I know that we're still going to have that friendship, but it's going to be quite hard to divorce myself from the relationship aspect of it.

Boy, does he give the best hugs...

I have my friends, though. I recently spent a weekend with my dear friend Melissa and her husband, Damian. Zacky went with me and we had a GREAT time. I probably drank a little too much and made a fool of myself on the mic at the pub, but I wouldn't trade it for the world. I missed Melissa. I vow to visit her more.

Tumblr has been the bane of my existence for the last little while. I'm so addicted. I've managed to attract quite a little following in the short time I've used the platform. It's the one place where I can post things that are completely true to me and my personality and not feel like I'm being scrutinized or judged, (which is why I don't give out the URL often.) So, Tumblr often trumps my blog most of the time, but I'm going to make a more valiant effort to update here.

Much love.



No comments: