Saturday, June 11, 2011

Deflated.

So last night something rather funny happened. As most of you know, Bigs and I are staying with our friends, Craig and Laura, for two weeks in Tampa. They so graciously donate their ultra comfy air bed for our sleeping pleasure. Last night, Craig informed us that they were now the proud owner of two of those airbeds because one of them had sadly contracted an air leak. (Poor bed. May it rest in peace.)

Coincidentally, the leaky air bed was resting in peace in the same closet as its non-leaky counterpart. Laura took a wild guess as to which bed was the newer of the two. It blew up beautifully and I was swiftly off to sleep within minutes of laying on it. In fact, I didn't budge an inch for the next four hours! (Yep, it's THAT comfortable. I'll post a link to the same bed at the end of this post.)

However, at about 4 AM, and to my dismay, I discovered that the Bigs and I were swiftly sinking into air bed oblivion. We had indeed inflated the defective air bed instead of the sturdy one. I woke John up and commanded he move to the couch, me following close behind him. There on the couch we slept squished and sweaty for the next two hours. I was DYING from heat exhaustion, having awesomely sunburned myself at the pool 12 hours prior. So what did I do?

I rolled myself into the middle of that air bed. There I slept like a little burrito with pillow topping in an air bed Grand Canyon, barely visible to passers-by.

I may not have slept very well, but it was one of the most memorable and interesting sleeping debacles in my life thus far. Don't fret or feel sorry, dear readers. It made me laugh (just a little bit.)    :)

http://www.amazon.com/Coleman-Double-High-Wrap-Quickbed-Queen/dp/B000EH4TVU

1 comment:

Laura said...

Oops, my bad! Sorry! Good thing last night turned out better...