Monday, June 20, 2011

I'm blue da ba dee da ba die...

For the longest time I hated the color blue. I hated everything about it. I hated that it was cliche. It seems to be everyone's favorite color. I hated how a person with blue eyes could wear something blue and not only was it a gorgeous color on them but it made their eyes seem bluer. (Perhaps I'm envious that I was the only one that didn't get blessed with blue eyes.) Couple that with the color completely washing out my skin tone and blue had sealed its fate. It seemed as if blue was doomed to remain behind the curtains of my hatred forever.

But lately I find myself OBSESSED with BLUE. 


It all started with that blue shirt from Target- that lovely, light, airy, blue t-shirt.


I didn't even try it on. It was on sale. I thought, "Hey, at the very least it would be a good shirt for sleeping or to go over my swimsuit." But when I got home and tried it on... Oh! The heavenly blue-ness that was this t-shirt! From that point on my relationship with blue changed forever. 

I find myself admiring lots more blue these days. I have even decided that when the time comes to REALLY decorate my room (my cousins currently occupy it for the summer :/ ) I'm going to accent it with BLUE.

I have so many swell, blue ideas swimming in my head! Let me share a few. :)












Most of these items I found at a furnishings store called Z Gallerie. They must have known I was coming because they had their store color coded! Imagine the shock and awe as I walked past to view and ENTIRE SECTION of Aquamarine! Some of the furniture is Shabby Chic. Some photos were procured through Google image search. 

Anywhoozle, the point is... 

I'm glad blue and I are back on speaking terms. 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice! I had fun reading this.
Go Color blue!

Karah said...

Thanks! I had fun writing it! I get really excited about the little things in life. I'm very much enjoying the YouTube Musicians blog as well! Happy reading! :)